Terms & Conditions
Effective date: 30 December 2020
- By accepting these terms the participant agrees to pay the Course fees (including GST) for the Course using the payment method selected on the enrolment form.
- The participant accepts that he/she is required to pay the full amount of the Course fees even if he/she does not complete the Course.
- Course commencement is the date upon which we receive your course fees in full.
- Participants are unable to graduate from their course until course fees have been paid in full.
- Course enrolment is complete when the participant has been issued a username and password for online course access/or sent course materials via another method;
- Course duration is effective from the date elearning access/access to materials is granted; and
- Course commencement is effective from the date elearning access/access to materials is granted.
- Special offer coupon codes cannot be added to an enrolment retrospectively and must be added at the time of enrolment.
- Course fees are non-transferable to other students.
Course Materials, Access and Assessment
- Course Materials are supplied in an online environment, unless otherwise stated in the course description, and are available for viewing online and may not be downloaded;
- The content of the online Course Materials, including copyright and all other such intellectual property rights contained therein, remain the property of the CAP. You may not reproduce any part of the online Course Materials without the prior written consent of the CAP;
- Course materials, course content and assessment are subject to change;
- Course materials are provided online via Kajabi system 24/7 or via alternative means. The course site may occasionally be unavailable during scheduled maintenance. In the event that the system becomes unavailable, course materials will be provided by another mode of delivery;
- Unit/subject codes located within our elearning system are for internal purposes only and do not appear on graduate certificates and/or unit/subject transcripts.
- Optional printed materials are available for most courses/units within Australia only. Charges apply;
- Tutor support is available to help guide students through the course content and assessment only.
Course Withdrawal and Refunds
The Corporate Alchemist Project Pty Ltd complies with Australian Consumer Law in regard to refunds. We are not required to provide a refund if you change your mind about the course that you chose to enrol into.
However, the CAP provides a 100% money-back guarantee:
If you complete the course (having followed and implemented the recommendations and tasks given by The CAP team) and have no positive outcomes, you get a full refund.
This decision of assessing the extenuating circumstances rests with the Managing Director and shall be assessed on a case by case situation. Please contact us at [email protected].
Credit Voucher/Coupon Code Policy
All credit vouchers/discount coupons have the following conditions of use:
- Not redeemable for cash;
- Valid for one (1) use only;
- Not valid with any other offer/gift voucher/coupon code;
- The coupon code must be entered at the time of enrolment/course commencement; discount cannot be applied at a later date.
- Coupons/vouchers cannot be used to order printed materials; and
- Coupon code can only be used in the time frame specified in the special offer.
We will make reasonable efforts to keep any such information that we have about you secure and to ensure that any of our employees or agents who have access to information about you do not make any unauthorised use, modification, reproduction or disclosure of that information.
We will only disclose information that we have about you:
- to the extent specifically required by law; or
- for the purposes of this agreement (including disclosing information in connection with any query or claim)
- information provided by you is considered confidential and will not be divulged to any third party, nor will it be sold.
Upon enrolment into the course, we may use the content from your emails in our marketing materials and on our website testimonials page, as well as send you a monthly newsletter. Your identity will never be revealed, however we will use your surname, initials and your City. Please be assured that we respect your privacy and only comments related to course outcomes and student experiences will be mentioned.
The CAP Code of Practice
The CAP has responsibilities to you as a student to provide you with a quality of service that will assist you as much as possible in attaining your professional development certificate. We undertake to abide by all our policies and procedures.
The CAP agrees to:
- Provide a tax invoice;
- Provide login details to access the online Course Materials (or alternative access) and mark assessments and provide feedback where applicable on submitted assessment tasks;
- Provide unlimited tutor support via email throughout the enrolment;
- Issue a Certificate upon satisfactory completion of the course (if applicable). We will provide clients with the results of their assessment within 7-14 days of assessment submission/completion. Certificates (electronic) will be issued within 7 days after marketing a students’ final assessment, with optional hard copies available for purchase within Australia. International students will receive an electronic copy of their certificate only.
Students with the CAP are required to:
- Ensure that all the information provided to the CAP is accurate;
- Notify the CAP of any contact changes (email, telephone, address etc.);
- Advise the CAP of any difficulties or problems they may experience with the CAP staff, procedures or training;
- In your interaction with administrative staff, learning consultants and tutor support (including, but not limited to telephone calls, emails and instant chats) you agree to conduct yourself civilly and respectfully at all times. As a customer or student of Australian Online Courses, you agree that you shall not, under any circumstances, use abusive language or harass staff. Australian Online Courses reserves the right to determine, at its sole discretion, what constitutes abusive language and harassment, and where that has occurred; and may, partially or completely, deny service to any infringing party.
If you have any questions, concerns or complaints about this Terms & Conditions, please contact us:
- By email: [email protected]